Skip to main content

Jonah 2:7

"When my life was ebbing away,
I remembered you, LORD,
and my prayer rose to you,
to your holy temple.
(NIV)
Jonah is now saying to the Lord, not in a sarcastic way, but with a sincerity of heart in his desperate situation, "Remember me? I turned to you. It may have been on my death bed, but my prayer rose to you."

It doesn't have to be a life-threatening situation for you to feel like your life is ebbing away. It could be any number of stresses of life or trials of life that are impacting you. It could simply be your kids or your boss or your spouse or you job... It doesn't matter. The point is that you humble yourself and turn to God.

Comments

Post a Comment

Please add some additional commentary to this verse. Your input is greatly appreciated.

Popular posts from this blog

Jonah 2:10

And the LORD commanded the fish, and it vomited Jonah onto dry land. (NIV) Don't you just love fresh starts. They're not always fresh, but they are a start. The God that we serve is a God of fresh starts. My mind goes to the many times that Christ reached out his hand, pulling a lame man to his feet, and saying, "...now go and sin no more." Or the woman caught in adultery, "...neither do I condemn you, go and sin no more." Only a God of grace will allow a swallowed man to repent. Praise Him.

Galatians 5:25

Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. Wow, this is a really cool verse. Once again, there is a phrase in here that I have never noticed before. The part that says, "...let us keep in step..." It makes me think of a dance. The spirit leads, and I stay in step. When that happens, it is beautiful.

James 1:4

Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. (NIV) This goes right along with what I was saying in the commentary on the previous verse. Perseverance is one the most key essentials to true Christianity. In this verse you can see that perseverance leads to Christian Maturity, but it is only a whole or complete perseverance that will do this.