Skip to main content

Psalm 139:5

You hem me in, behind and before,
and lay your hand upon me.

(ESV)

This verse was of great comfort to me this week. I was thinking about the first part of this passage with the conviction that comes with God being everywhere, and knowing all things about me, then I came to this verse. He knows me, He knows who I am and what kind of evils I am capable of, yet He still hems me in. He still lays His hand on me.

Realizing that God knows everything, I mean really realizing that truth can be of some distress, unless you realize that His knowledge is always tempered with His grace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jonah 2:10

And the LORD commanded the fish, and it vomited Jonah onto dry land. (NIV) Don't you just love fresh starts. They're not always fresh, but they are a start. The God that we serve is a God of fresh starts. My mind goes to the many times that Christ reached out his hand, pulling a lame man to his feet, and saying, "...now go and sin no more." Or the woman caught in adultery, "...neither do I condemn you, go and sin no more." Only a God of grace will allow a swallowed man to repent. Praise Him.

Galatians 5:25

Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. Wow, this is a really cool verse. Once again, there is a phrase in here that I have never noticed before. The part that says, "...let us keep in step..." It makes me think of a dance. The spirit leads, and I stay in step. When that happens, it is beautiful.

James 3:18

Peacemakers who sow in peace raise a harvest of righteousness. (NIV) Does this verse fit with the rest? It almost seems like a little addendum to the main point. If we look at it alone, it makes total sense... a peacemaker, who would sow in peace, because he is a peacemaker, will reap a harvest of righteousness. Very similar to Jesus' words in the Sermon on the Mount . If we look at it in the context, it still makes sense, but in the bigger picture of heavenly wisdom. Peace-making is a sign of true wisdom that is from above.