But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God, (John 1:12, ESV) There are a few words in this verse that need some explanation. Let's think about the word, "receive" first. It is a word that is quite often translated "take". It means to grab ahold of or hold on to. In other words, all sorts of people who grab ahold of Jesus... What about "believe"? It is the verb form of "faith". Sort of like, "they faithed in his name." Trust is a part of this word, but it also includes perspective. This is how you see things. How you view things. Your core understanding of the universe. To believe in the name of Jesus is not to simply believe that He existed and that He did the things that He did. No. It is to see Jesus for who He is... Lord and Savior of all. God of very God. Creator, Sustainer, our only Hope. How about the word, "right"? Nea...
That's exactly it.
ReplyDeleteGods got to have complete sovereignty in my life.
It's the inside track to the whole gig.
....thing is, even though I know
this, I so need to practice it more.
Hardly a day [or hour] goes by before I'm making myself sovereign
lord of Jono again.
I want God there but I'm dictating the terms.
It's usually not long after this that God lets the wind & waves come up and the whole thing comes back to me........I do the dying, trusting & following thing - He does the Almighty Soverign God whose love endures for eternity
thing......Got it!
And He is Lord, no matter what I do. That is what I have a hard time getting my mind around. He is in control, whether or not I want to admit it and live like He is in charge of me or not.
ReplyDelete